It is always good to know Google information. We all know Google, we all want to be high up in Google. That is because it is one of the most popular or should I say “the most popular” web search engines amongst the internet. Everyone knows who Google is and wants to get their site indexed by Google, but that is just one step to getting ranked higher in it. To show up higher in the ranking search results so that people see and find your site, you need to improve your ranking. There is no easy way out, no “special or magic button” that will help you improve your ranking, there are ways that you can help to make sure your site looks good to those wonderful bots that Google sends out.
Listed below are some good tid bits of information that can and will come in handy to help your ranking improve to satisfy the Google bots. So let’s get on with the Google information tid bits, shall we!
1. Write for Readers! Let me start by saying, you should ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS write for your readers, not Google. It is important to Google too, that you are writing information that makes sense to readers.
2. Text For Important Content. Always use text for important content, I find alot of people like to use images. While images are easier to use to show important content, the bots dont read images so you are better to use text for that very important content. You can use images as well, but make sure you spell it out too!
3. Valid And Current Codes. Always make sure your HTML is valid and working properly. Meaning there are no errors in the coding and also make sure all the links are current and working properly.
4. Site Map. Offer a page where your readers can go to find the exact thing they are looking for.
5. Text Links. Use text links on all your pages instead of graphic links. All your pages should have text links, and it helps if they have actual keywords for the section the link is referring to other than something like “click here”.
6. Strong Introduction. Your first paragrah on your site should be very strong. This means have a solid explaination of what your site is about that also contains keywords you want to focus on.
7. Ordered Headings. This means that your headings should be in order from H1, H2, H3 and so on, on each page.
8. Descriptive Title Tag. This is important too. If you do a search on Google, check for “untitled” you will come up with several million sites that do not have a descriptive title tag. Every site should have a Title tag, its the title of the site when the window pops up. Very Important.
9. Reciprocal Links. I don’t care what anyone says about these, they are good to have. Some people say if you link to a persons site and they linkto yours, you rule out your links. NOT ALWAYS TRUE. Now if you are just linking to those sites that are place your link here and put our link on yours for affiliates, scams etc., that will not do you any good. If you use reciprocal linking properly, putting someones ad, article, testimonial, that links to them on your site, you are better off and vice versa. You have to be selective on doing this, but it works. One big key to getting high rankings in Google is having a lot of people link to you. The more people that link to you that are “more important” meaning they are higher up in the rankings than you, this will get you higher ranked for keywords.
10. Don’t Over Use Words. Having irrelevant words multiple times on a page doesnt improve your ranking. Most times they don’t make sense to your readers and it can hurt your ranking too.
11. Don’t Hide Text or Links. Trying to hide text in the background same color of the page, or inside tags and things of that nature. Text must be visible for our wonderful Google bots to consider it.
I will keep posting helpful tips,information and ideas to help you improve your sites ranking, help with marketing, tutorials on how to do things. If there is anything you would like to learn or know, please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember we are here to help you!
I am going to be posting an article about Google again, here shortly! Keep a watch out for it!
Your success is our goal!